As part of the upcoming COMMUNITY TELEVISION FESTIVAL, we will have a MOBILE FILMMAKING workshop.
MOBILE FILMMAKING and MOBILE JOURNALISM — often called MOJO — are quickly being adopted by people to make art and tell stories.
For this workshop on 2pm Friday 13th (wooo) we will run through some quick MOJO techniques.
Can attendees please bring:
- a smartphone with a camera
- editing app such as Kinemaster already installed
PLEASE have these ready to go, as we want to get filming sharply and not spend half the workshop installing things 🙂
(if you dont have a smartphone, dont worry: we will be pairing people up into teams)
A rough outline of what we’ll do in the workshop is:
- warmup by creating Vines (a short filmmaking format used to tell a story, gag, or art piece in just a few seconds … here is a compilation of an Irish guy doing it for example)
- Practice filming & editing together the 5-shot method to capture an action
- TRY (if we have time!) to make a one-minute film. There are many One Minute Film Festivals: here’s one Horror themed entry
We also hope to introduce you to filmmaking/journalism outlets & communities locally, to grow develop & practice further.
Hope this has whetted your appetite! Remember to book your place by getting in touch: